Sunday, June 24, 2012

Thrifting on Saturday Creating on Sunday

A few pieces of lucky finds from thrifting.
I had a cart full of white dishes yesterday.


My Saturday went something like this -


A few errands and then a quick trip
to a local thrift store. 


Sounds simple enough but....
while in the thrift store the power went off.

Oh...it's only 105 degrees outside.

Boom.....darkness but enough light from the windows.


No cash register, they were writing out
purchases by hand...calculating tax on a calculator.

All of this did not stop us ladies from shopping.
It was funny, no one even complained.

I stashed my cart to the side,
(it was full of white dishes and ironstone pieces)
drove to the nearest bank for cash,
only to find out the whole block 
had lost power.

I finally got back to the thrift store 
and the power was back on.
Whew...only makes you wonder
how we would survive without power
or worse yet, thrifting. 
*********
Now for the creating.....


A little bit of inspiration in a petite wire basket.



French themed clips



Le Journals




I'd say my weekend was full.

I love days like these.

Hope you are all having the time of your lives.
Make life happen.

-Rhonda-



13 comments:

  1. Alwayes creating the most beautiful things, dear Rhonda, and so lucky you was finding lovely pieces to be happy for, --even in a dark thrift store, I`m happy for you, he power came on again, so you could pay for your findings, and take them home for enjoying!
    love and hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet are they, those images conjure up such sweet feelings of comfort and grace....love your creations :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely pretties you have made!! I am glad you were able to purchase your treasures even if the power went out. :)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say I love doing French inspired things too. Your blog is lovely and I see that you are doing the 'Where women create' party. Can't wait to come back and visit your studio. I have been working on mine and can't wait for this event. I love your beautiful blog. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your French inspired creations, the clips are adorable, and yes, what did we do without power! Another must have these days are a GPS, goodness how did I find all the French markets in rural France before? Love to you
    Colette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our power was on and off all week so I can totally relate. I love that wire basket and all your little creations. So very inspiring!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooww, I LIKE the wire basket. So cute.

    Grts,
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg your story reminds me of the days I worked in thrift stores and warehouse without air in the summers.
    Dear lord how did I ever survive.
    Yep, on pure love of the find back then. Today, I would be like, I am outta here. That love just isn't as strong as the good ol'days. LOL

    Treasures are amazing and your pics are looking wonderful. Your know settings are amazing.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rhonda, You have found some lovely items and created such beautiful things. I love those clips and your journals are adorable too.
    Have a wonderful week :-)!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Madame Rhonda, just added your button to my blog. I apologize for not doing so sooner. You KNOW about ditzy I am:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda,
    Inspirational, as always.....! And your shop is looking fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you found some inspiration today.
Rhonda of A Little Bit French