Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sweet Salvage Treasures and a Preview


It was like Christmas Day to me!
I finally made it to a Sweet Salvage event.

This is what greeted you when you walked in.
I had not been this excited to treasure hunt since my Chicago days!
 
That chair on top of the table to right...well...I fell in love with it.
It did not go home with me but she will always be in my dreams.

This is my stash from Thursday night's party.


A beautiful chippy wrought iron stand.
For the garden or the home.
I love the way it looked against my shabby French sign at home.
I didn't blink an eye at the price.
Some things were meant to be.


and..all of this came home with me, too.



They don't call themselves Sweet Salvage for nothing!
It was sweet and if you love salvaged items, this is the place.


The designers set up the most incredible booths/displays.
I wish I had taken more photos but this gal was there to shop!

*************

Here is a preview of what's been going on in my studio today.


Grabbing my French laces, fabric and tattered books....


Covering cover less paperbacks my way.


Finally using my French laces was so satisfying.
Hoarding them - storing them for what?
I say...pull it all out...get busy and use it!


This set had wonderful exposed bindings,
these two books were actually antique books, without covers.
I used my French ephemera on the fronts
and tied them up with French laces and French keys.

I'm off to dinner with my sweet adorable man.

I will be posting my first tutorial on Monday.
See you all then.

xo Rhonda

12 comments:

  1. oh my..."Sweet Salvage" is sweeeeeet indeed! i am so happy for you that you have this amazing shop so close by! Ii know how much you miss your chicago "haunts." it's beyond gorgeous! i just ADORE all of your finds. i am green with envy mon amie..they are ALL so lovely!!! as for your "livres"...STUNNING! we must work out a trade mon amie!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a tres fun time ;-) love the lace covered books- yummy, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now I need a few things:
    Where is this heaven on earth?Need to know!
    Need loooots og money too....OMG this place is beyond every Dream.Thanks for visually taking me there,I am extatic!
    Tove:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place,Rhonda.Merci for taking us there:)Love your lace covered books
    - so you.Your finds are gorgeous.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda,

    I almost fainted at the first picture, and I think that chair may live on in my heart as well! What a beautiful place, where is it located? The treasures you got were amazing! I am loving your book covers and so glad you are using that beautiful lace. I have no French or vintage lace of my own, and I am always in awe of you ladies who such beautiful stashes. It is nice to see it being used in such a lovely manner.

    Have a wonderful Sunday. Can't wait for your tutorial. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your French laces are beautiful..Love your photos..You certainly have KNACK..."Sweet Salvage"..I would be there often...What a treasure trove..

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your wooden posts sweet salvage finds, dear Rhonda, they are gorgeous
    ,the tile and "frog" too ,such wonderfull finds, and the beautiful book fronts you made with french fabric and laces for the old books, are SO GORGEOUS ,dear.
    Hope your dinner out with hubby was sweet and lovely.
    Hugs, Dorthe
    Can`t wait to see your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rhonda,

    Your new treasures are so amazing good luck with it en enjoy!!

    Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love ALL of this!!
    Your covered books, lovely and inspiring.

    thanks you!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place! I love the things you came home with. And your latest creations? Fabulous, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the books & what you did with them! I am soooooo behind in my blog reading/visiting... but, when I happened upon you again I decided to add you to my sidebar so I can keep up with you more. Have a great weekend.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me,
    and I am completely satisfied with your website.
    All comments and articles are very useful and very good.
    Your blog is very attention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in
    turn you are sharing with each one!…


    Web Development Jaipur

    ReplyDelete

I hope you found some inspiration today.
Rhonda of A Little Bit French