Sunday, September 16, 2012

The End of Summer

Our guests have gone.....
we three couples spent the day watching football...
eating my famous chili and cornbread....(thank you Dad for the best recipe)
laughing...sharing our summer stories...
and making plans for a trip next summer to Maine!

As I tidied up the pool deck,
I knew it was getting close to the last time we would be in the water.
Even though our days are still warm, our nights are cooler 
and the water will not be warm enough to swim much longer.
Spending time lounging near the pool is fine with me.

The installation of our new pool left a lot of landscaping to re-do.
So, as the weather cools off for fall, 
hopefully, we can get our yard to look the way it use to.
It's nearing the end of summer and I am so ready for fall.

The sun is setting here in the west.
I love how it peeks through the leaves of the trees.
I hope you had a great weekend.

xo Rhonda

9 comments:

  1. Rhonda, it looks like sheer perfection! So glad you had a wonderful time and great food.......!
    I love the Autumn season so I'm so ready for it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could easily sink into those beautiful cushions and make myself quite at home Rhonda!

    Great JD mags to flick through too - a lovely way to spend an afternoon - make the most of the last of the summer sun!

    hugs
    Shane xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh such a lovely pool landscape...i adore it!
    xo~hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could transport myself into those images right now ... !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shabby chic pillows!! Where does one find those beauties?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful time with your company.: ) What a gorgeous pool... and those cushions look soooo inviting! Who needs to go into the cold water when you can lounge poolside in such comfort?! Enjoy it as long as you can!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could easily sink into those beautiful cushions also. I have a garden and same laughing but awww summer has gone now..have a great fall

    ReplyDelete
  8. we need the recipe for your famous chili...please...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you found some inspiration today.
Rhonda of A Little Bit French