Sunday, May 19, 2013

La Shoppe La Inspiration

The Blue Pear shop, I dream of shops like this.
You know those shops you walk in and think "I'm home".
Yes, I did bring that pillow home.
My trip to Chicagoland was full of treasure hunting.
This was a city square filled with antiques, shops and cafes.
Treasures everywhere and it brings a tear to my eye what I left behind.
***
This is a meant to be story.
My cousin was coming up the stairs in one antique store,
just as I was ready to go down the stairs.
I thought there wasn't anything I wanted on that floor.
I decided to give it one more round and saw this on the wall.
So glad my cousin came up those stairs
or I would have missed it.
***
Speaking of my cousin,
she brought a box of vintage goodies that day.
We shopped even before we left the house.
Some of the gorgeous pieces from that box, shops and flea markets.
Merci, cousin, you always share the most beautiful treasures.


I did not get to bring it all home with me.
Mom will be shipping a box to me soon.
I promise to share, once again, 
more of the wonderful treasures I found.

15 comments:

  1. What breathtaking finds you have there Rhonda! Can't wait to see the contents of those boxes!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i ADORE shops like that! swoon the minute you walk in..right? wow....love your finds! that Marie antoinette water color is SO lovely! can't wait to see the rest of your tresors! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ME ENCANTA ESE RELOJ!!!!!!!

    Y EL COLADOR ...
    TODO HERMOSO.
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks just WONDERFUL , dear Rhonda- so many thinhs to find a beautiful place in your home, very soon! The picture is so lovely! and your cousin brought such special pieces! Love the jeweleries, too-
    Sweet friend- as there is obviouesly still no letter-package for you from me, I will make ready another one in the coming week- I`m so sorry it did not arrive, and wonder where in the world it was left!!!!
    Hugs and love,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh, oh - how many beautiful things!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? I need to be a tourist in Chicago instead of someone who lives in the 'burbs. Where is this area? I am so clueless and feeling very disappointed in myself that I don't even know where you are! Mercy! No wonder you felt you were home in this store.. I would, too! Is there another bed or sofa I could plop myself down on to join you??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely things...would be hard to pick just one,love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm swooning. Thanks for all the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treasure chest of spectacular finds! What fun it will be to be to find a place for all of them!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it all, but that clock...is amazing!!

    blessings and have a great week.

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a gorgeous shop and those treasures are fabulous!!! So happy you had such a lovely time!
    Have a wonderful week dear Rhonda!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that looks like my kind of place!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love shops like that! I almost always have to bring something home just to remind me of how much fun I had browsing them! Glad you found something wonderful!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back, Rhonda! What a tantalizing post... such lovely treasures! I'm anxiously awaiting Part II! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Rhonda, that shop looked like so much fun! And your treasures... to die for! I really do love that picture...so beautiful!!! Have a happy Memorial Day weekend.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

I hope you found some inspiration today.
Rhonda of A Little Bit French