Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Father's Daughter

Never do I feel more like my Father 
than when I'm creating.
He restored antique clocks in his spare time.
He also created with wood, making furniture,
ornate candlesticks and grandfather clocks.
Our home was always abuzz.
Most of all, I adored his artistic side.
 Turning our vacation jaunts to California and Mexico
into treasure hunts to bring home.
Pottery, driftwood, rocks and salvaged finds to bring home, 
for him to create with.
How our parents influenced us, sometimes isn't realized until we are older.
Both of my parents loved to decorate and create.
For that I am truly grateful.
When I look around my studio,
I see my Father
I see my Mother
We are all here.
But today,
I am my Father's Daughter.

Happy Father's Day Dad.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Rhonda! So glad you have all those wonderful memories!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a touching post Rhonda! You bring them great honor with your creative talents, it is truly a wonderful gift that you have inherited from them. Have a great week my friend!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully written mon amie. it brought tears to my eyes as i remember my own father and all the ways i am HIS daughter as well...and all the ways he has eft a lasting and enduring impression upon my life. i miss him so. you are blessed beyond measure that your father is still "physically present"in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. You surround yourself with beauty and inspire us all. Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely tribute to your father, Rhonda. I too inherited creativity from my parents--music, artistic ability and appreciation for antiques. So nice to always have them around. :-)
    Laura from Sundayview.blogspot.com
    Join my blog party if you wish. This post would be perfect.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, touching post Rhonda.
    Your pictures are just gorgeous.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post. I am lucky to have a creative father too. M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Rhonda, your posts are always like a mini vacation for me. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and your beautiful space.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. How true your words are.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Rhonda,
    your heart is here ,writing this post to your father ( parents) - remembering all he tought you, and left as dear memmories!
    Such heartfelt , beautiful post, dear!
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

I hope you found some inspiration today.
Rhonda of A Little Bit French