Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ocean Kisses

As I unpack my seashore finds from our trip
 to Connecticut & Massachusetts,
I can still hear the ocean lapping at the shore that sunny day.
We walked and talked for hours as we strolled the beach.
 The faded grey wood of the east coast is so soothing to me.
Collecting shells, rocks and driftwood on the shore
with the one you love is tres romantic.
Gifts from the sea
I wrapped antique lace around a piece of driftwood 
for my studio as soon as I got home.
A romantic engraving surrounded by romantic found treasures of the sea.
***
I hope you find inspiration today.


9 comments:

  1. really wanted to take a walk in the beach and collect seashells as well! :)

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food for the soul Rhonda!

    A walk along the beach is both energising and calming at the same time.

    Love your finds - memories forever!

    hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voilà de quoi avoir de nouvelles envies de vacances avec de telles photos...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Rhonda, such beautiful photoes from your tour to Connecticut and Massachusetts,- a wonderful beach.. and your finds are so great,too. I love you added your lace to the driftwood piece!!
    Thank you sweet friend, for you dear commment on my blog, it really means a lot to me .
    Love and hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always ABSOLUTELY LOVE how you layer and juxtapose various pieces, the rustic and luxe blending so incredibly beautifully!!!

    Love/hugs/blessings,
    Lana
    www.lanaseuropeanvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I found inspiration today from your lyrical narrative accompanying the photos of the treasures you found on vacation. I am now your latest follower and plan to add your blog to my Pinterest board of French Inspiration.

    Looking forward to more inspiration in the future...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. And your constance vintage print adds the romance to your sea treasures.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you found some inspiration today.
Rhonda of A Little Bit French