Saturday, May 23, 2015

In the Blink of an Eye

In the blink of an eye....
these cool days and soft rains
will all be gone
Keeping our windows open for the breezes,
will soon be a faded memory
I'm truly not an outdoor type of gal....
I don't go camping
and
I don't hang around outside very much, I never did.
I'm a true city gal, a walk in the park is fine by me.
But who can resist these fabulous days of cool mornings
and 
not spend time in the yard?
I've created a shabby garden area just for me
and
I'm hoping the spiders and bugs hate the smell of lavender.
Because I'm that gal who bees and mosquitoes just love.
Sending me back indoors.
In a blink of an eye summer will be here
and 
hopefully that creative muse will return.
For right now, it's flowers, cook outs and wine on the deck!


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rhonda. Love your pics in this post. Have a great holiday week end.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a beautiful outdoor space there, Rhonda. Enjoy as long as the temperatures don't get too high.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. A B S O L U T E L Y

    gorgeous. Yes, we are having rain, but ya gotta have it in order to enjoy the splendor of the colors. Oh Rhonda, what beautiful photos! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created a lovely outdoor spot, Rhonda! So pretty and peaceful.
    I'm a bit like you...once the heat and humidity arrives, I like the cool air conditioning inside.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely spot, Rhonda, and your flowers are so pretty! I am enjoying ours today before the hot and humid weather kicks in tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't stick around long. I don't mind the heat ~ it's the humidity that has me staying inside with the A/C on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suggest you host a 'craft seminar' poolside! I'll come...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little corner is so beautiful dear Rhonda, and you are right, we should so enjoy the days of sun and light, while they are here. We still have no summer, but the sun shines, and we just had 3 beautiful days with our daughter and granddaughter visiting us. That is both happy memories.
    Take care of the stingy things, dear .
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, Your photos are so beautiful!!! I love being outdoors, but I don't like camping or bugs or mosquitoes either, nor creepy crawly little critters. But I do so love a garden! Many times I have leaped up while pulling weeds because something startled me. It is usually some poor toad who was just as startled as I! We country girls share a common love with you city girls. We love beauty and flowers and sunshine. Love your sweet little spot! Thanks for sharing! xo Teri

    ReplyDelete

I hope you found some inspiration today.
Rhonda of A Little Bit French