Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Some Pretty and Some Real Life


some pretty
from
my
Instagram account
Realizing that I've been missing
in blogland
I decided to share some real life
On September 22nd I was admitted to the emergency room
with severe pain lower right abdomen
I was transferred to another hospital
that specialized in ovarian cancer

After major surgery
and
a longer hospital stay than I could have ever imagined
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer

Those words took my breath away

There were weeks that I had no idea
what stage cancer I had
then
finally
I was sitting in my doctor's office
when she gave us the good news
Stage 1A Ovarian Cancer

Only 3 chemo treatments
and
then, she said, 
I could get on with my life

We both cried, Doug & I
happy tears of joy

Now, chemo is no party, let me tell you
BUT
all in all
tomorrow is my last chemo
so
I am a happy gal indeed

My online shop will re-open up January 1st
What better way to start the new year
cancer free

Never in a million years
would I ever imagine
I would be battling the C word

Always the healthy one, minor this & that

Faith, family & friends
pulled me through this

To all of you that knew,
thank you for your well wishes
and prayers

Love to all

LET's find a cure, can we?