Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Petite Mixed Media Books

Creating with paper
was
my
first
love
layering
images
planning out each page
antique French book pages
heading to destruction
saved by art
this petite book project
forced me into more organizing
paper, scraps, ephemera
all organized now
quietly creating
a
simple
treasure
******
available in my shop
******
people often ask me
where did I get my blog name?
the truth is,
it was easy
I have a French friend in Chicago,
who spoke French to me,
gifted me with family laces & fabrics
She brought Pastis to our book club meeting
and
introduced us all to her culture
what is not to like?
back then I was always dreaming of a trip to France
I incorporated a little bit of France in my life
many many years later
when Google announced 
that
Blogger was free, I was in!
my co-worker in her office across from mine,
hey Rhonda, Blogger is free,
me, awesome, what should I name my blog,
A Little Bit French?

-the rest is history-